TMDU International Faculty Development Course (ONLINE) AY2023 - Maxillofacial Prosthetics -
This course for clinical, research and dental education offers you up-to-date maxillofacial prosthetic clinical knowledge and techniques that are important for improving or recovering oral function. The need for this field is increasing due to affects of COVID-19 and injuries in war torn countries. This course aims at not only 1) updating participants' dental clinical knowledge but also 2) developing clinical techniques useful for your future clinics and/or teaching. You will have the chance to actually engage in discussions with your peers and build networks.
This version consists of on-demand video lectures and LIVE sessions via a web conferencing system (Zoom).
On-demand video lectures + Live discussion sessions via a web conferencing system (Zoom)
GOALS OF THIS COURSE:
1. Gain new dental knowledge and new approaches for future education/treatment/research
2. Consider your clinical cases from a critical perspective
A certificate of completion including hours of study and topics covered will be given to those who attend every assigned session.
REGISTRATION and COURSE FEES:
60,000 JPY (Registration fee (50,000 JPY) + Course fee (10,000 JPY))
*For the following cases, only the course fee is required:
1) TMDU graduates/students;
2) Previous IFDC/EECD certificate holders
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS:
Futher syllabus and schedule
1. Educational Background/Research Experience: Only those who have dental or medical licensure or dental school graduate can join this course.
2. Communication Ability: Applicants must have sufficient general knowledge of the subject matter and adequate communication skills in English so as to be able to participate in discussion.
Applications must be filled out online. Number 2 and 3 below must be submitted to the TMDU Institute of Global Affairs by e-mail (kokusai.adm（＠）tmd.ac.jp) and received by February 12, 2023, Japan standard time.
(1) IFDC AY2023 Application (online form) ⇒ Here
(2) Photograph (email)
(3) Dental license copy/proof of graduation (email)
LIVE SESSION ATTENDANCE from 18:00 JST-19:30 JST on three Fridays in April 2023.
Please join live meetings from 17:50 so we may start on time.
On-demand lectures and Zoom meeting IDs for live lectures will be provided on each week's Monday.
|1||How maxillofacial prosthodontists can help patients with maxillofacial defects||Drs. SUMITA Yuka, Mahmoud E. Elbashti, and HATTORI Mariko||Apr. 7, 2023||18:00
JST - 19:30
|2||Diagnosis and evaluation for maxillofacial prosthetic treatments||Drs. SUMITA Yuka, HATTORI Mariko, HARAGUCHI Mihoko,
and MURASE Mai
|Apr. 14, 2023||18:00
JST - 19:30
|3||Maxillofacial prsothetics research
|Drs. SUMITA Yuka, Mahmoud E. Elbashti, and HATTORI Mariko||Apr. 21, 2023||18:00
JST - 19:30