Re-entry Permit System / 再入国許可制度

Re-entry Permit System / 再入国許可制度

Foreign nationals in possession of a valid passport and resident card who will be reentering Japan within 1 year of their departure to continue their activities in Japan will, in principle, not be required to apply for a re-entry permit. (This is called a special re-entry permit.)

When you leave Japan, be sure to present your residence card and tick the column indicating your intention of departure by the Special Re-entry Permit System on an embarkation card for re-entrant.

- Foreign nationals who have departed from Japan on a special re-entry permit will not be able to extend that permit while abroad. Please note that such foreign nationals will lose their resident status if they fail to re-enter Japan within 1 year of their departure.
- If your period of stay expires within 1 year after your departure, please ensure that you re-enter Japan before the expiration of your period of stay.

For more information:
Immigration Bureau of Japan - New Format of the Re-entry and Embarkation Card



出国する際、 在留カードを提示してください。再入国出入国記録にはみなし再入国許可の意思表示欄が設けられていいますので、本制度による出国を希望する場合、必ずチェックしてください。


- 新様式の外国人再入国・出入国記録について