Human Resource Development Goals
Based on the knowledge and skills acquired in the bachelor's course, we cultivate scientific thinking, research, education, and practical skills as well as train advanced practitioners, researchers, and educators who can be internationally and interdisciplinarity active with a broad perspective and strong sense of ethics in the health and medical fields.
Under the educational philosophy of developing human resources with extensive education and rich humanity, a strong sense of ethics, creativity, the pioneering ability to independently think and solve problems, internationality, and leadership, we provide education, as shown in the diploma policy and curriculum policy of the Division of Nursing Innovation Science, Graduate School of Health Care Sciences of the university. We wish to impart education to students with qualities, such as a sense of purpose, knowledge, and skills.
- 1)Applicants must demonstrate specialized knowledge and skills in nursing, and as educators, researchers, or advanced practitioners, they must be willing to contribute to society in the future and lead the development of nursing.
- 2)Applicants must be creative, independent, and able to contribute to the progress of research and improvement of nursing practice.
- 3)Applicants must be motivated to learn professional skills and acquire knowledge related to nursing systematically and intensively.
- 4)Applicants must have the language skills necessary for international and academic exchange.
- 5)Applicants must be interested in nursing and advanced nursing practice, have profound academic knowledge, and have excellent research abilities.
- 6)Applicants must be highly cooperative and able to logically and accurately convey research results and ideas.
In the Division of Nursing Innovation Science, Graduate School of Health Care Sciences of the university, to achieve the goals set forth in the diploma policy, the educational content, teaching methods, and evaluation methods of learning results are set as follows:
- 1)Students will take common courses on the methodologies necessary for professional nursing practice, research, and educational roles.
- 2)In the first year, students study subjects that mainly include expertise, advanced practice, and research in their field of affiliation.
- 3)Students take courses in other fields of expertise to promote learning from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- 4)Students will improve their relevant knowledge and skills in advanced practice and research in their field, take exercises and practical training courses to support their efforts in research papers, and receive guidance from multiple teachers and leaders.
- 5)In research guidance, to enhance the range of intellectual and ethical understanding of related fields, guidance is provided for objective and interdisciplinary research and thesis preparation through a collective guidance system that includes faculty members in other fields. Joint research between fields or other institutions in Japan and abroad through commissioned research guidance is also part of the research work.
- 6)To improve internationality, the subject content aims to develop presentation skills, including international trends in specialized fields and foreign languages.
- 7)We will prepare platforms, such as a long-term student system and an early completion system to respond to the requests of various students.
- 8)Academic performance is assessed based on criteria, such as the submission of reports, participation in lectures, and others that appropriately reflect the degree of academic achievement in each lecture.
- 9)Before entering the doctoral thesis, students undergoes a qualifying examination to evaluates their communication and argumentation skills, including basic knowledge, research planning ability, sense of ethics, and language skills necessary for the preparation of a doctoral thesis.
- 10)The thesis will be rigorously evaluated based on the diploma policy, the doctoral thesis will be reviewed, and a final exam will be duly conducted.
In this major, a doctoral degree (in nursing) will be awarded to those who are recognized as having the following abilities and qualities, have obtained the prescribed credits, and have passed the doctoral thesis review and final examination.
- 1)Students are required to produce excellent research results based on the issues they set and possess the ability to contribute to the development of nursing science.
- 2)Students are required to have a high level of expertise and strong sense of ethics and the ability to contribute to the next generation of education, human resource development, and advanced professional nursing practice.
- 3)Students are required to possess diverse knowledge and skills related to nursing science and the ability to contribute to the development of nursing science and practice through research and advanced practice.
- 4)Students must be able to explain and disseminate research results widely to the society.
- 5)Students are required to have an international perspective and the capacity to play international and interdisciplinary roles.