Others / その他

Others / その他

Student Dormitory (Satomi & Women's) / 学生寮(里見寮&女子寮)

These houses are located in the Konodai Campus, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Satormi Dormitory is available only for male students and Women’s Dormitory for female students. Please visit the link below for more information.


Apartment Houses / 民間アパ-ト

Many Japanese and international students live in private apartments. The monthly rent for a room with kitchen, bath and toilet will be approximately ¥70,000 in the middle of Tokyo and usually Japanese apartments are unfurnished. When you try to find an apartment for the first time, you had better be accompanied by either a Japanese student or an international student who has lived in Japan for a long time.
多くの留学生や日本人学生は民間のアパ-トに住んでいます。バス・トイレ・キッチン付きの部屋代は約 70,000 円程度になります。初めてアパ-トを探す場合は先輩や日本人の友人など事情をわかっている人に同行してもらうと良いでしょう。通常、日本のアパ-トには家具・設備は備えられていません。

How to make a contract / 契約の方法
When you find a suitable room, you have to make a provisional agreement with the landlord by paying some money called "Tetsukekin" or an advance. It will form a part of the expenses to be paid when you conclude a formal agreement. Also, you will need to have someone act as a guarantor.

When you make a formal agreement, you are required to pay a deposit (called "Shikikin", an amount equivalent to one or two months rent), key money (called "Reikin", an amount equivalent to one or two months rent), brokerage fee (an amount equivalent to one month rent) and rent for the first month. For some apartment leases, you do not need to pay key money. A deposit is required for repairs to the room, and the balance will be refunded to you. The key money and brokerage fees will normally not be returned.

Finally, when you leave the room to return home or to move to another place, please notify the landlord two months in advance. If you are late in making this notification, you will have to pay the rent for the next month.

For your Information / 参考