Certificate of Eligibility / 在留資格認定証明書

Certificate of Eligibility / 在留資格認定証明書

The Immigration Services Agency of Japan announced on June 26, 2020, some changes regarding the application for a certificate of eligibility (COE) for (1) foreign nationals whose period of stay expired while outside of Japan and before re-entering and (2) foreign nationals whose certificate of eligibility has expired.
Kindly find the following links for details.

★THE FAST TRACK function was added to Visit Japan Web on November 1st, 2022.
 Please register for Fast Track via Visit Japan Web on or after November 1st, 2022.

(in Japanese)
在留資格認定証明書の有効期間に係る新たな取扱いについて(in Japanese)
New handling regarding the period of validity of the certificate of eligibility(in English)                                                     

  ★ファスト トラック 
 2022年11月1日よりVisit Japan Webにファストトラック機能が追加されました。
 今後はVisit Japan Webからファストトラックの登録をお願いいたします。


TMDU could act as proxy for a “Certificate of Eligibility (COE)” at the Japanese Immigration Bureau upon request. The Foreign Student Support Unit will inform new students of the necessary steps to obtain their student visa.
  • COE app.(for Studensts) 2023
  • COE app. form SAMPLE 2023
  • 在留資格認定証明書交付申請書 記入例2023
  • NOTE: TMDU will not apply on your behalf for a COE regarding visa status other than “Student.”
    Steps for obtaining a “Student” visa
    Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your home country
    ↓【6】Issue a “Student” visa ↑【5】Apply for a Student visa
    ★Applicant (Student)
    ↓【1】Send all necessary documents to apply for a COE ↑【4】Send a COE to your home country
    TMDU (or other Proxy)
    ↓【2】Apply for a COE ↑【3】Issue a COE
    Japanese Immigration Bureau