- An open campus is getting opened. Some information on the next exam for our graduate school will be introduced. [2018.06.14]
- We are recruiting a software researcher for an assistant professor position. [2018.06.08]
- An open campus is getting opened for Tokyo Medial and Dental University (TMDU). The information on the next exam for our graduate school will be introduced at that time. [2018.05.17]
Biomedical Information Dept (BMI) Web PageDepartment of Biomedical Information,
Institude of Biomaterials and Bioengineering,
Tokyo Medical and Dental University (TMDU)
"Medicine meets computer science (AI&ICT x Medicine)"The mission of our laboratory is to realize computerized surgery-assistance systems. The methods developed and used by our group can provide intelligent integration of multi-modal medical images and vital signs. These technologies provide intelligence to surgical simulating/planning, computer assistance in surgeries (CAS) and high-dimensional/multi-modal medical imagings.
Our systems have been introduced into practical surgery routines in couple of hospitals and over-200 clinical cases have been successfully reported.
The platform we have developed can be also used as a framework for internet of things (IoT). We have been applying it for medical IoT infrastructure and other various purposes such as community design and business/research resource repository.
AffiliationsWe are affiliated with the following organizations:
- Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering (IBB)
- Department of Biomedical Information,
Division of Medical Devices
- M&D Data Science Center (DSC)
- Department of Medical Data Analytics,
Division of AI & Big-data Research
- Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Track (Ph.D. course)
- Health Sciences and Biomedical Engineering Track (Master course)
- Medical Innovation Consortium
- AI Hospital Unit
- Consortium for Demining Rare/Intractable Diseases
- Unit for Demining Maxillofacial Abnormal Development
in Tokyo Medical and Dental University (TMDU)
Message for prospective studentsWe are recruiting students for the graduate school. Successful students will have motivation to lead advanced medical engineering in software-and-network system development and its applications. Visit here (an information page) to get more details.
Contact with Prof Yoshi NAKAJIMA (nakajima.bmi at tmd.ac.jp) if having any interest on graduate-school admission or research collaboration.