Call for Registration of the Home-Based Research Support System
We are now close. We shut down the Home-Based Research Support System. We will inform you as soon as the new system is available.
All employees and graduate students of TMDU, working full time and part time
March 31, 2014
※The application of FY2014 is to be announced.
Period for the service
Until March 31, 2014 from the day of being approved
Number to be admitted
Up to 30 people (depending on conditions of use)
Please fill out the application form below, and send it to Gender Equality and Career Development Division via internal mail with a seal of approval from the head of your department or field.
* Please send in the original copy of the application form.
Regarding the Use of System
Please read carefully and accept the following six terms before applying:
- 1.The cost to access the university server from home via optical, ADSL or other networks shall be incurred by the user.
- 2.Users shall be required to cooperate in answering periodical (2～3 times a year) surveys regarding the effectiveness of the system.
- 3.Research time spent using this system at home shall not be regarded as working hours.
- 4.Users must turn up for work on appointed days (please discuss working hours with the head of your department or field).
- 5.If you are unable to turn up for work all day due to e.g. your child developing a sudden fever, you must apply for child-care leave.
- 6.University regulations must be adhered in using the Home-Based Research Support System for research work.
* Any labor-related inquiries may be directed to the Staff Section, General Affairs Division.
Contents of the Home-Based Research Support System
1.You Will Be Able to Use the Specialized File Server for Centralized Management of Files
Work on documents and materials prepared at university can be continued at home (maximum capacity of 2.5 GB per user)
- It is possible to save the documents and data prepared at university onto this server, and access them from home to continue working.
- All kinds of files can be saved in this file space (there will be no size limit to begin with).
- You don't need to carry around data using a USB memory.
2.You Will Be Able to Safely Use Online Journals and Databases Only Accessible Within the University
It is possible to read online journals and the databases of specialized fields at home
- It is possible to carry out analyses of data by accessing databases related to your research
- It is possible to read online journals to help write your paper