International Summer Program 2012: FAQs
- I am formally enrolled in an educational/research institute in Asia.
However, I have been temporarily dispatched to an institute outside of
Asia as part of my educational program. Am I eligible to apply
Answer: Yes, in such a case you are eligible to apply as a financially-supported
- I am currently a resident working at a hospital. Should I apply
as a student or a young researcher? Whom can I ask to write a letter
of recommendation among the instructors of the residency program?
Answer: You can apply as a student. An instructor who knows you well
personally would be a good person to ask for a letter of recommendation.
- Do I need to submit any document that would certify my English ability,
for example a TOEFL score?
Answer: You are not required to submit a document certifying your English
ability. But please keep in mind that the program will be conducted wholly
in English. If your English ability is limited, you won't be able to participate
in the program to the fullest extent.
- There does not seem to be enough space on the application form for
me to explain my career sufficiently. May I attach a CV to the application?
Answer: Yes, please feel free to attach a CV to your application.
- I am in a master's course and I would like to present my work at the
poster session. Is it possible?
Answer: Yes, it is possible. But please keep in mind that
the selection committee will evaluate all poster session proposals and decide
which ones to accept. Also, please be sure to submit your research project/plan.